Microsoft Office updates are always frequent and as always they have released non-security updates and bug fixes for Office 2013 and Office 2016 on the first Tuesday of the month.
Some most important which caught our attention:
Toward the end of last year, Microsoft was gotten out leaving an unpleasantly defenseless Equation Editor in Office for a long time. Another patch restores the MT Extra textual style so conditions made with the old Equation Editor can be seen.
Another fix refreshes the interpretation of the English expression “forwarding a meeting” for different languages.
As a regular part of an update, windows will install it automatically into Office 2013 and Office 2016.
Here is the brief of new updates:
Microsoft Office 2016 Updates:
KB4018370 MS Office 2016 Language Interface Pack: Improve translation about “forwarding a meeting” in other languages.
KB4022155: Skype for a business update, 2016
- KB 4294966: Low microphone volume in a call on Lenovo Yoga920 laptop when using Skype for business
- KB 4294967: For enabling a quicker PSTN call, meeting template updated for Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4294968: Orange dot without count is shown for a conversation which has no any unread messages in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4294969: Outlook stops when making a Skype meeting in Skype for Business 2016 running in a terminal server session
- KB 4294971: In Citrix-based VDI environment, Skype for Business 2015 and 16 crashes.
KB3178712 Microsoft OneNote 2016:
Following the issue of Microsoft OneNote 2016 are solved in this update:
- Unexpected deletion of class notebooks.
- Display of second authentication prompt after doing Pin-based authentication.
- Video and audio recording are not working properly.
- Fonts display YuGothic in the wake of changing the default textual style to another DBCS fonts.
- While opening, editing or closing multiple files, Microsoft OneNote 2018 crashes
KB4022156 Microsoft Office 2016: this update appended the support for $ symbol as a supported delimiter to substitute the | symbol in the UI.displayDialogAsync method and this update also includes decreases latency and consumption for Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-ins.
KB4022158 MS Office 2016: Includes support for a value DisallowWinCredsToBePersisted under the Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity. Set it to 1 to not allow Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) credentials to be persisted in Credentials Manager.
KB4022193 MS Office 2016: Enables the display of math equations created with Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0 which is no longer supported. If “MT Extra” is missing in the system, these type of equations will not be displayed. This update installs the “MT Extra” fonts to enable math equations.
KB4011100 Microsoft OneDrive for Business for Office 2016: It adds capabilities to OneDrive to take over the sync relationships of OneDrive for business same like KB3178712 for Office 2013.
KB4022170: Skype for business 2015 update
KB3178712 MS OneDrive for Business, Office 2013: The update adds abilities to OneDrive to take over the sync relationships of OneDrive for Business.
KB4022186 Microsoft Word 2013: This update fixes an indent issue when copying table cells from one row to another in Draft view and a crash issue when loading legacy .doc files in Word 2013
- When one copy a cell of a table in a row and paste it to a table cell in another row in the Draft view in Word 2013, the value of Indent from left is increased by 0.08 in Table Properties
- When you open a legacy .doc file that’s created by a third-party application in Word 2013, it crashes.
KB4022171 Microsoft Project 2013: The patch repairs a crash problem in Project 2013 while deleting Gannt chart type views that have drawings, a relevant problems that may delete drawings from other views, and when attempting to open enterprise calendars when connected to a Project Web App instance by using Chrome, it solves the error note “Sorry, we were unable to open your project. Please try again. Is this happens again, contact your administrator”.
So, there were the latest updates of Microsoft. They provide very powerful support to their users and always provide frequent updates for solutions of issues.