In Microsoft Outlook if you forgot that you have deleted an email and want to restore it, then the deleted mail will not get removed from the history and you can restore it.
The emails do not entirely get removed when you click on the delete option; they only get hidden so that you can recover them when you again need it. When you hide your mails this will be an easy way instead of writing it again, but it only stores your emails for a limited time.
Where Can You Find Your Removed Mails in Outlook?
When you remove any messages from your inbox of Outlook, it goes to the trash folder, and it means it doesn’t get deleted permanently.
You will get the removed mails in these areas:
- Find this in the Removed Mail folder; it is situated in the Outlook folder.
- From IMAP email ID you will get the hidden messages in the folder which is same as above.
- You will find this on the Restorable Mails option.
- When you start your system, you will get this in the backup area folder.
How to Restore Mail You Had Removed in Outlook?
When you remove that mail by mistake, that should not be deleted, and then you have the option of restoring it from the deleted items folder.
To restore the removed mail, you have to check the trash folder in Outlook for Windows users. Here’s how:
• Click Ctrl and Z Key.
- Check whether you don’t click on any other option like move or removed other messages while clicking Ctrl and Z key, this will go to the folder you had last done that activity.
- This process will do time after time. You can undo your activity done before you move to the last stage which is of removing the mail and recovering it again. When you want to recover only one email, this will be a good option to change to Deleted Items file.
Steps for Mac users:
• Tap Ctrl+Shift+Z
- By clicking on this keyword it shows the previous activitities. In case that action is of removing one message, then clicking on the CTRL+Shift+Z keyword and it will recover that mail.
How to Restore a Message from Outlook “Deleted Items” File
The folder on that removed emails will move is on the Deleted items file. You will find all the emails in this folder when you delete a message then it automatically moves to the Trash folder.
Recovering an email which is in your removed mails file in Outlook for the Windows users are:
• Go to the Deleted Items File.
- On the official website of Outlook for mailing and exchanging, this file will be named as Deleted Items.
- All those who are having IMAP ID then they should use a file which is for deleted emails, the data is designated with different names, you can find that file in the “Trash” folder, and for Gmail users the deleted emails are in the folder of Gmail Trash folder.
• Bookmark That Email You Want to Restore.
- There are limitations of bookmarking the message.
- Press Find Removed Mails option so that you can find that file where the deleted emails are in.
Steve Mark is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup.