Microsoft Office has indeed a huge list of features that makes the way of representation sorted and easy, yet there are still many features, not all the users are aware of all its attributes. A feature named macros is one of the smartest operations explained. Macros give out a series of instructions that are mingled to form a single command. The tool saves time and increases the productivity.
If you open a document created in an older version of Office (containing a macro) in it respective Office 2007 utility, it will launch it in Compatibility Mode. If you carry out further to save the file in compatibility mode, you are leaving the file entirely from its older office format.
This can only be done if you to a few settings to have the access on macros. In order to edit or execute other commands, you need to add the Developer tab to the ribbon in Office setup for its 2007 version.
Macros converted to Office 2007
Prior to the conversion of the files of different format to Microsoft office setup 2007, you need to save a backup copy initially. In case your macro is an older Office version and not available in a utility template, open the file in Office 2007 and choose to save it as a Macro-Enabled Document. Find the following steps to do the required changes.
Add the Developer tab to the ribbon in Office 2007:
- To add the Developer tab, click on the start button and search for Microsoft Office 2007
- Select any Office utility such as Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Make sure it contains Macros
- Via Microsoft Office Backstage view, click the file tab and a yellow message bar will appear
- Under the same file tab, go to ‘Security Warnings’ area, hit ‘Enable Content’ button
- In the section of ‘Enable All Content’, choose ‘always enable this document’s active content ’ so the file becomes trusted document
- In the Trust center, go to Macro Settings choose the option as per your need
- Click Ok to save the changes
If you are failing to execute the process, check if the Microsoft office setup you have is activated. If not, you may choose to uninstall and then install office setup again. Here, you need to purchase the subscription to get Office product key to license the product.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a strict vigil over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the precise and useful information to the users that further help them in troubleshooting or fixing the minor or major issues.