Almost every employee takes the help of MS Office’s products to complete their work in no time. There are a number of great things you can avail if you are using some of the most prominent applications offered by MS Office such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint etc. These applications are so user-friendly and much helpful to make an effective business presentation, analysis, PPT, stats etc.
When you start any of the MS-Office 2016 or Office 2013 applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, you may face an error saying that ‘Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product.’ Why does it happen? The reason is that your operating system is running in ‘compatibility mode’ for a different operating system.
How can I fix this out?
- Close the Office application that causes the error
- Now find your Office setup application
- Right-Click the Office application and Click ‘Properties’
- Click the Compatibility tab if it is available and then follow the below given steps:
- Go to the Compatibility mode
- Deselect the Run this Program in compatibility mode for option
- Now, click Change Settings for all users
- On the Compatibility for all users tab, deselect the Run this Program in Compatibility mode for option
- Click OK twice
- In case Compatibility tab is not available, click Cancel on the application Properties page to close it, and then follow the given steps:
- Right-Click Outlook.exe
- Click Troubleshoot Compatibility
- Now, select the ‘Troubleshoot Program’
- Clear all options, and then click Next
- Click No, I am done investing the problem option
- Click Next followed by Close
For more information on how to fix the error or how to download Office set up using office.com/setup call the customer care support number.