Microsoft office is one of the widely used applications that most of the users have in their systems across the globe. Several versions of Microsoft Office applications are available to the users that are congenial with windows operating system as well as with MAC operating system. You can also access its consolidated features even in your mobile phone by simply downloading the software.
You might see the error with error code 30125-4if your anti-virus software, firewall, proxy settings, or connection prevent you from installing Office. Here are some methods you can try to fix the problem by yourself.
Method 1: Restart your device and Re-install Office
1. Restart your device.
2. Re-install Office application.
Method 2: Use the offline installer for installing Office 365
The Office offline installer may help bypass potential proxy, firewall, antivirus, or Internet connection issues that might occur during an Office 2016 installation
Method 3: Use a wired connection
It is highly recommended to use a wired internet connection in order to bypass any interruption in the network connectivity.
Method 4: Try installing from another location
If you’re trying to install Office 365 at work or at school, the network there may be limited in a way that won’t allow Office to install completely. If this is the case, then it is advisable to take your device home or to a friend’s house, or to a wireless hotspot, so that you have a stable internet connection and then try installing Office 365 again.
Method 5: Temporarily turn off the proxy settings
If you use your device both at home and at work, try turning off the proxy settings in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer before you install Office.
In Microsoft Edge:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ button and then select ‘Settings’.
2. Select Network & Internet, go to the bottom of the selections on the left side and click Proxy.
3. In Automatic proxy setup, automatically detect settings or use setup script, by sliding to On or Off.
4. In Manual proxy setup, you can choose to use a proxy server. Generally, it will be off and if you slide it to On, be sure to select Save. And if it was off by default before you turned it on, be sure to slide back to Off when you’ve finished using it.
In Internet Explorer:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools (upper-right corner) > Internet options.
2. Click the Connections tab, and then click the LAN settings button.
3. Under Proxy server, clear the option “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).”
4. Click Apply and OK to save changes. Restart your computer.
Method 6: Temporarily turn off the antivirus
1. For temporarily turning off the antivirus go to the settings within the control panel.
2. Select ‘Update and Security’ option and then select ‘Windows Defender’ displayed on the left.
3. Turn the button to Off, and don’t forget to turn it On, as it will make the device prone to virus attacks.
If you are facing any difficulties or challenges in following the above-mentioned steps then just visit office.com/setup for further assistance and support.