Office 365, Office 2013 and Office 2016 are the latest versions of the Office productivity suite that has been equipped with various advanced features like new graphical user interface, tabbed toolbar, collaborative software applications & services and many more. Thus, to enjoy these advanced features, the users need to follow a set of three processes that includes downloading, installing and activating. Sometimes the users may face some errors while activating the Office 365, 2013 and 2016 setup on the device. One of the most common activation errors is the Error code 0x4004f00c.
Activation plays a vital role in all the paid software as it ensures that the software is installed by the authorized users and to avoid the fraud use of the services included inside the software package. To activate the software, the users require a product key that comes either in the form of retail card along with the Office package product or in the confirmation email of the subscribed Office product.
The Error Code 0x4004f00c is mainly caused due to the issues like corrupted Windows system, windows firewall and incomplete installation of the software. As the error occurs on the device, a message box displaying the following message is appeared on the screen:
“Error: 0x4004f00c The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. No key Management Service could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information. “
Follow the methods mentioned below to resolve the Error Code 0x4004f00c in Office 365, Office 2013 and Office 2016, easily:
Method 1: Disable the Windows Firewall:
- Launch the “Start” menu either by clicking the “Start” button on the taskbar or press the Windows (a four square key) on keyboard.
- Now, select the “Control Panel” option.
- In the “Control Panel” window, either manually search or utilize the search bar at the top for searching the “Windows Firewall” option.
- Now, select the “Windows Firewall” option.
- And then, select the “Turn windows Firewall on or off” option displayed on the left panel of the window.
- After this, select the “Turn off Windows Firewall” radio button under “Home or Work () network location settings” and “Public network location settings” section.
Now, try to activate the Office 365, 2013 and 2016 setup. If still the error is displayed on the device then follow the steps mentions in Method 2.
Method 2: Disable the Proxy Settings, Temporarily:
- Click the “Start” button and then, select the “Control Panel” option.
- In this “Control Panel” window, select the “Internet Options” option.
- A window will appear on the screen.
- In this window, tap the “Connections” panel.
- Now, click the “LAN Settings” option.
- And then, under the “Proxy server” section, unmark the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option.
- At last, click the “OK” button for saving the changes made in the settings.
After this again try to activate the Office 365, 2013 and 2016 setup on the device. If the error still persists on the device then, the users may contact the Office Customer Support on the toll-free number to get an instant assistance for resolving the Error Code 0x4004f00c.
Follow this link for more information Office.com/setup